Do you feel it? Hopelessness is an emotion that we experience so frequently. Especially when things seem to be continuously going wrong. When the negative emotions are at an all time high, and the external world seems to be just as harsh, it can be hard to see a positive outcome for the situation.
We need to remember that even though positivity and happy seems like the hardest thing, it is our job to make things better. That doesn’t mean that we have to do it alone, but it should not be our expectation of others to provide our happiness. It takes digging deep and truly figuring out what brings joy into your life.
The more we remove the idea that we need different circumstances to arise or that we need someone else to come and fix this, the better. Expectation, anxiety and depression go hand and hand. Hopelessness thrives when you have high expectations of the world to be more caring and loving but you do not see the love. Do you feel it, the hopelessness when you are in need of support?
You know that you have experienced happiness before.So as long as you are breathing, you can get there again. Sometimes it takes distancing yourself from everyone else and the negativity to be able to be more in tune with what makes YOU happy.
This is a practice, this is not an overnight fix.
- Journal and recall the times you’ve been happy
- If there were other people involved that is okay
- What activities were you doing?
- Is there something you’ve always wanted to learn about?
- Is there anywhere you’ve ever wanted to travel to? Why?
- Is there any things that others do, that you admire? ( For this one, it is not about trying to compare. The purpose is to find interest in hobbies that you could try)